Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I fell asleep at a rock show once....


I'm so sorry for anyone checking my blog often. I've been a slacker. But not much time can go by without something wacky, or slightly out of the ordinary happening.

Brad and I have been in survival mode most of the time. I suggested the other day that he should come home and play with the girls for a while before hibernating to do homework. Well he was sitting on the couch and the girls jumped on him and enjoyed being tickled for a while. Their joyous giggles filled the room. That's got to be my favorite sound. Then Niah decided that Brad should be a "bad guy" (they love playing that either Brad, me or the dog are the bad guy) and cover him up with blankets. So after she covered him up from head to toe, she and Olivia were distracted with something else. They were still loud and obnoxious, Colton was nursing, and Brad was being pretty quiet.... suspiciously quiet. Out of the corner of my little eye, I see his foot twitch. I knew it! He was asleep. Sound alseep amidst the normal rattle-tattle sounds of 2 little girls playing princess. No fair. I should be the one sleeping, darn it! So much for family time when the parents are so tired they can't even sit still for a few minutes without giving into sweet slumber. It is amazing, the power of sleep. Oh, and I did fall asleep at a rock concert once. I do have to say though that the sounds of wee ones are more beautiful.