Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sitting here...

So have I mentioned that having 3 kids is pretty crazy? Each day is full of unknown mountains to cross, and new fights to break up (the girls are fighting like cats and dogs right now.. no, worse than cats and dogs). I am so whooped... how do you spell that? Wednesday is the stinkiest day of the week, because I never get a nap. I would have never thought that I would become a nap-aholic. But I am. Some days are so in control... you know? We wake up, eat, play, nap, welcome Daddy home, eat dinner and go to bed. Other days never let up. The whole day seems like a 5 course meal of liver and onions, you know somehow it's good for you, but the bad taste in your mouth lingers all day. The other day I administered at least 5 spankings (complete with hugs, bible verses and prayer of course) but that is still crazy. I try to remind myself that when they are disobedient, it is my opportunity to show them Christ's grace and love, and how blessed I am to have the chance to teach them how to live God's way. It's not all peaches and cream, but I'm doing my best. Being a Mommy has taught me more about life than anything else. I have found my calling.
So I am fortunate enough on Wednesdays to go to my parents house for dinner. After a meal, chat with my parents and sister and a nice walk I was driving home and the sight in my rear-view mirror wrapped up the day quite nicely. Olivia was singing to herself, Niah was asleep, and Colton was wailing. Typical day for a Mommy of 3. I am blessed beyond words.
So now I am sitting on the couch watching my husband play the wii. This is my favorite time, and once I sit down, I'm not getting back up except to go to bed...