Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My birthday present

So my husband is hilarious. He comes home the other day...
"So, honey, it's getting close to your birthday"
"Uh huh"
"So, I got you a birthday present"
"Oh, Yeah"
"Yeah, and I don't think I can wait until your birthday to give it to you"
"Oh... ok"
I was pretty excited, because how often do you know exactly what to get your spouse?
So he brings in a Wii Fit. That is pretty cool, because I could use a bit of toning, and weight loss... but what is this thing really about anyway?
So we start it up, and I suddenly find myself being weighed and my BMI being measured without my total consent.... in front of my "love- you- no- matter- what" hubby...even though he doesn't usually say such things...
Anyway, so the readings come out, and the arrow rises up to "Overweight" as a little Japanese voice prounounces it to politely. All right, thanks. I appreciate that confirmation. But then, my Mii plumps up, looks down at herself as if to say... "Oh, am I?" (It's a shame she has no idea she just birthed a baby 2 months ago)
Well, I have to admit I was a touch humiliated, but that passed as I started to play all the fun games that are associated with it. I am sore from punching the virtual punching bag, and working out with my video game trainer. Oh, and it's kind of a competition between Brad and I because they rank everything you do like a video game. So I'm always trying to beat his best time or score. And if you miss a day the Wii Fit board strikes up a conversation with you... "so, I see you missed yesterday, you know, if you work out every day...". Blah, blah, blah, is what I think, yet strangely I feel compelled to make sure to get on it everyday so I don't have to hear it's little reminders. It graphs my weight loss, and I can't even go in and sabotage Brad's stuff because the dumb board knows if he isn't standing on it. Is this the future of working out? It is somehow very addictive, and I have to say that I love it... so thanks honey.