So I heard the funniest quote the other day. That you know that you're a mom when you've eaten while hiding. Yep, I sure have. In the closet, bathroom, behind the pantry door, you name it and I've done it. This got me to thinking.... what other hypocritical things do I do as a mom? I've thought a list up. I know there are more.
Mom: NO, honey, you can't eat a cookie... it's 9 in the morning
Hypocrisy: half and hour later I'm eating one (while hiding in the bathroom)
Kids: Mommy, can we watch TV?
Mom: Why don't you go play outside, it's a beautiful day
Hypocrisy: I'm answering them while checking my e-mail
Mom: Girls, would you please not leave your shoes in the middle of the floor. When we don't put our things away, they get lost.
Hypocrisy: Mom later... "Where's my shoes, I can't find them."
Mom: Ok, it's time for our quiet time. Please go upstairs.
Kids: Awww, Mom, I don't want to take a nap.
Mom: Remember how we ought to do all things without arguing or complaining and we will be like stars in the universe. (Phil. 2:14)
Hypocrisy: Do I even need to explain the hypocrisy that can rise up from this one?
My point: I guess motherhood really has shown me the hypocrite I really am since the things I am trying to teach my children are not even conquered by Me!
新たな「人間主義」へ―池田大作SGI会長の平和思想と行動
8 years ago
