Tuesday, September 9, 2008

End of the day thoughts....

I was in Costco today and had all three kids in the front part of the shopping cart at the same time.
I love Costco.
A cute old guy said "My, you have your hands full."
I get that a lot.
I do. Some days I look around and think: "How did I manage to get myself into this situation?"

Another comment I get a kick out of is: "My, you've been busy."
Just how am I supposed to interpret that? Busy doing what? Raising babies or making babies?
Yeah, so I'm still working on a good response to that one. Let me know if you have any ideas.

On Sunday Niah asked her Mimi for more watermelon. But she wanted the kind without nuts. Funny. Seedless watermelon is definitely a luxury, isn't it?

So I added a wooden spoon to my tool belt. It has an unhappy face on it, written in a black sharpie. The funny thing about it is how psycological it is. Somehow, holding onto the spoon, while in time out, thinking about what you did, is grueling, and actually more difficult to deal with than the actual spanking itself. Not to mention then, the end result is a repentant child with a very small swat. Nice.