
Colton is now 4 1/2 months old. He is over 18 lbs with clothes on, and still cannot be held with one arm due to his massive size to strength ratio. I am still awake because he refused to sleep today at church, and became so overtired that he wouldn't sleep at home. So at about 6:30 this evening he totally lost it, and crashed. Now, 41/2 hours later, the little cutie pie is smiling, and talking to me like it's 8 in the morning. Great. I love it when that happens. Good thing he is the cutest boy in the whole world and has officially stolen my heart otherwise I might just have to cry.
I guess it it sorta my fault that he is awake. I intentionally left out the part that I went into his room about a half hour ago so that he could help out in the milk department. It's never any fun trying to get to sleep when you know that in an hour or so you will be woken up by either a crying baby or a throbbing, hard as a rock booby (my apologies to those who haven't had the joy of nursing). So, my foggy mind devised a great-sounding-at-the-time plan of sneaking in the little angel's room, and feeding him for just a little bit so that we would both get some needed shut-eye. But, as children so often do, Colton had his own plan.
So now I get to, once again, enjoy his smiles and cross-eyed glances at his little fists. He is still baffled by those strange things we call hands, constantly putting both thumbs into his mouth and then looking at them. It makes me wonder what he's thinking....
Some ideas: I wonder what these are for.
These sure taste good
What happens when I stick my fingers down my thr....oo..aa..chkkk!
(To those without the joy of children: apparently we all have discover our gag reflex the hard way.... either that, or all 3 of my kids missed the memo.)
So, my little bruiser is getting heftier and sleepier by the minute, so goodnight and wish me at least 3 hours of solid sleep.
PS. The beautiful picture is courtesy of Emily Loftus, my professional photographer friend. Please don't give me credit for capturing this moment. www.emilyloftus.com
