Friday, June 5, 2009

How many kids do I have?

I've really not felt like I have 3 kids before yesterday. It was really more like 2 kids and a baby. But now, my sweet son is transforming into a toddler. A tantrum throwing, toy bashing, drawer pulling toddler.

Heaven help me.

Last night I put the kids to bed without Brad as he was at a meeting. After listening to the girls fight about which toothbrush was who's and Colton freaking out about wanting Niah's toothbrush, I had a short, out of body experience. The kind where you can all of a sudden hear all that is happening at the same time, and the noise is so overwhelming that you suddenly have a burning desire to throw something, pull your hair, scream or do all three.

Fortunately I only did two this time. I counted instead of screamed.

One success at a time.

When Colton was first born, a baby crying and two girls fighting was overwhelming, but then I got used to it. But I got better at it and figured out what was most important and I did that first. But now with Colton crawling, putting his fingers into light sockets, and trying to tackle the stairs, there are more lives in constant danger. I have 3 lives depending on me.

I better not screw this up.