Monday, May 11, 2009

Whew!

I am beginning to get a little confused by all this talk of "going green". The God I love and worship made this amazing place we call home, and I don't want to see it excessively misused and bruised. But there is something inside me that cringes about trying to take care of our blue planet.
Whenever I carry my cloth grocery bags into the grocery store, put out my plastic containers on the curb to recycle them, shop at "Whole Foods" or apply for "paperless billing", I cringe about people assuming I'm with them . You know... the people who care more about the trees than the children. The people who spread the lie that it's people that are the parasites. Those that are trying to give animals the same rights as humans and attempt to destroy the traditional family.

That something inside me wants to scream "I'm not like them! I'm doing this for GOD, not for ME!"

And as I'm floundering between whether I should be signing up to do a local "green" commercial or purposely using more diapers than necessary to clog up the landfills I realize where God wants us as Christaians in all this....

"So whether you eat or you drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

*Whew!*

So I'm going cloth, diapers that is. For the glory of God!

End political rant