Wednesday afternoon, a friend of mine went to her friend's house to pick some of her tomatoes. She left about 15 blood-red beautiful tomatoes sitting on my counter. They were screaming "use me today or else". What was I to do with them?
"Make salsa" my mom suggested
While later talking to another friend on the phone, she suggested making tomato sauce. She said "all you need is Marjoram and basil". In went the Marjoram (that amazingly I had) and basil.
Brad then went online to check out some recipes for me. "Add garlic", he said.
The freshly diced beauties cooked all evening in the crock pot with the garlic, marjoram and basil.
The next morning I added ground beef, but I was concerned that all my effort (and friend's efforts) were going to be wasted as I totally botched this attempt at domestic greatness.
Then another friend came over and said "I usually add a little pre-made sauce to mine"
In went the rest of my Prego pre-made sauce.
Then yet another friend happened to come by that day and said "Hey! Is that spaghetti sauce I smell? My mom says that brown sugar is the secret ingredient." In went the sugar.
And then she preceded to talk me into adding more salt than I would have ever had the courage to add. I reluctantly took off the lid and shook enough salt into it to completely cover the redness of the sauce.
That's when the magic happened.
The sauce was transformed from a bunch of squishy tomatoes to the tastiest spaghetti sauce I have ever had the opportunity to taste.
Free tomatoes + free advice = Amazing dinner.
I love you, my friends. Thank you!
新たな「人間主義」へ―池田大作SGI会長の平和思想と行動
8 years ago
