Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baby #4's anticipated forthcoming

Last week we found out that we are having a girl. As I took in the news, flashes of pink laundry, and Colton being surrounded by girls was the first thing to flood my mind.

But I've gotten to think about it a week now. I've pushed aside and put to rest my visions of little boys rolling around on the floor, painting a handsome boys room red and blue with trains on the bunk bed comforters, and started to think about what this divinely created child's personality will be like. Will she be a type A like Niah who will ask 150 times in 2 minutes if it's time for breakfast, or a type B like Olivia who is not bothered by waiting? What little talents will she posess? Will she love puzzles, music, singing, drawing, being outside or inside? After getting over my ridiculous self-created visions of how I wanted my little family of 2 and 2, I loved that God did it this way. He loves to surprise me. And I'm so thankful for His wisdom. Colton will just have to sleep with his sisters a little while longer (and his room will wait until he's ready to actually sleep in a room by himself!)

This sweet baby girl has already made her presence known to Daddy, as she kicked him a day before I was 16 weeks, strong enough for him to feel through my skin. Amazing. And, my heart almost melted today as Niah put her hand on my belly to feel the baby and she kicked Niah right in the hand. Niah's eyes widened as she exclaimed that she felt the shape of the baby's foot! Suggesting that it could have been an elbow or knee didn't change her mind that it had to be a foot. And, I'm only 19 weeks! What a blessing for this tiny one to make her presence known so vividly to her siblings already. The other times I was pregnant it took forever for the baby to kick Daddy, and I was much farther along before Niah and Olivia felt Colton kick them.

So at my ultrasound, I asked the tech if he could clear up my due date. My doc thinks I'm about a week ahead of what i think I am. At the time of the ultrasound, I was 18 weeks according to me and 19 1/2 weeks according to my doc. The tech shocked me when he said I was measuring at about 20 weeks! Shoot. This kid is going to be huge. I'm sure of it. Because it would almost be impossible for me to be 20 weeks according to my chart (I was diligent at taking my temps and keeping track of everything the month I got pregnant!)

And, on top of that, I've had some good heartburn.

So... I'm predicting she will be big, and hairy! Good thing babies with lots of hair (at least according to me) are always cute!